Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Beachy Cupcakes

I am wrapping up my summer baking with a few more projects and then I am moving onto fall!  But, before we enjoy the fall I wanted to share with you these beachy cupcakes I made this week.  There isn't a recipe, just more or less assembly instructions.  I used a ready-made butter pecan cake mix and made the cupcakes.  

Here is the frosting I used in caramel flavor to make the icing look like sand.  I hand sprinkled brown sugar on top of the frosting to make the top of the cupcake look even more like sand.

To top off the cupcake I made a white chocolate shell with this mold from my sponsor Wholeport.com.  This silicone food grade mold worked perfect with the chocolate and it is easy to use and clean up in the dishwasher.

Oh, how I wished I lived close enough to a beach to go sink my toes in the sand one more time before sweater weather!   Enjoy what's left of summer!

Thank you to my Sponsor Wholeport.com for providing the shell baking mold.
Sherry
I will link this to:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff 
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
The Best Blog Recipes link party 
Anything Goes Party at Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
Sweet and Savoury Sunday at Baking in Pyjamas
Wake Up Wednesday at Oh! My Heartsie Girl
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creations
Fridays Unfolded at Nancherrow
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea! And who doesn't love a cupcake!?

Antiques And Teacups said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Perfect for teatime!
Ruth

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

These are adorable, Sherry! Enjoy the rest of summer - it's going fast!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea for summer themed cupcakes - the sand and sea shell look so real! Pinning :)

Babs said...

The beachy cupcakes look delicious and I LOVE the white chocolate seashells. I don't normally use cake mix, but butter pecan with caramel frosting...YUM! I'll try it. Thanks for the "recipe".

Alison Agnew said...

Yum! So fun too. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
Nancherrow

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

I love that you take a summer theme and added it to a wonderful dessert. It looks wonderful!

Lou Lou Girls said...

I love these! Pinned. It is always a pleasure to have you be a part of our party! Please join us tonight at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Kathy said...

These look awesome, yummy and beautiful! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy